Dowling Duncan and redesigning the American Dollar:
Why the size?
We have kept the width the same as the existing dollars. However we have changed the size of the note so that the one dollar is shorter and the 100 dollar is the longest. When stacked on top of each other it is easy to see how much money you have. It also makes it easier for the visually impaired to distinguish between notes.
Why a vertical format?
When we researched how notes are used we realized people tend to handle and deal with money vertically rather than horizontally. You tend to hold a wallet or purse vertically when searching for notes. The majority of people hand over notes vertically when making purchases. All machines accept notes vertically. Therefore a vertical note makes more sense.
Why different colors?
It’s one of the strongest ways graphically to distinguish one note from another.
Why these designs?
We wanted a concept behind the imagery so that the image directly relates to the value of each note. We also wanted the notes to be educational, not only for those living in America but visitors as well. Each note uses a black and white image depicting a particular aspect of American history and culture. They are then overprinted with informational graphics or a pattern relating to that particular image.
$1 – The first African American president
$5 – The five biggest native American tribes
$10 – The bill of rights, the first 10 amendments to the US Constitution
$20 – 20th Century America
$50 – The 50 States of America
$100 – The first 100 days of President Franklin Roosevelt. During this time he led the congress to pass more important legislations than most presidents pass in their entire term. This helped fight the economic crises at the time of the great depression. Ever since, every new president has been judged on how well they have done during the first 100 days of their term.
immediately in favor of chucking the poo-stained green shit
LOOK AT THAT 20. JUST. LOOK. AT. THAT. 20.
Our bills look so old fashioned compared to the rest of the world.
- peachbone likes this
- kittencatten31 likes this
- christinechen reblogged this from envythevillain
- onemoreoff-keyanthem likes this
- jjnovoa10 likes this
- volkodash likes this
- boondocksnt79 likes this
- pleasebewell reblogged this from rowerpangers
- huntingmates reblogged this from hesmybrother-hesadopted
- daftdevil reblogged this from slashseeker
- uriel1b reblogged this from monstereatsdesign
- daftdevil likes this
- mssardonicsmile reblogged this from redsox861918
- mssardonicsmile likes this
- kindralittl reblogged this from bestnatesmithever and added:
- kindralittl likes this
- jungleteajaganja likes this
- browngage reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- browngage likes this
- hohomiho reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- thebeerihadforbreakfast likes this
- curtdogg reblogged this from lcgccx and added:
- sexyboy34 likes this
- spitfirestorm reblogged this from lefthandedjanice
- taylorbowen likes this
- bkforever likes this
- lyssalilac reblogged this from second-sux and added:
- sweetblissfulserenity likes this
- aestheticgrace likes this
- volleyballforlive likes this
- ohgodsmyfandomsarekillingme likes this
- usingbrokenwingstofly likes this
- kenzienoswam reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- timeismakingfoolsofusagainn reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- scaldedhound reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- scaldedhound likes this
- the-napiest-hoe likes this
- the-napiest-hoe reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- busysextinginchurch reblogged this from thelipstickedloser
- vylant reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- ohwellfuuckk likes this
- winniecyndilu reblogged this from zombieprostitutes
- beansorderyoursoup reblogged this from theycallmemiketaylor
- peterpanseyebrows reblogged this from octopodesinlove
- theycallmemiketaylor reblogged this from exttmatm
- violetjohanna likes this
- allthisforabottledfish reblogged this from lcgccx
- funnyaaron reblogged this from bestnatesmithever
- funnyaaron likes this
- exttmatm reblogged this from bestnatesmithever